Gameloft has produced a lot of great games for iPhone and iPod Touch and some are on the top 10 best selling games at the time of this review. Real Tennis 2009 is yet another fantastic game by Gameloft.
- 8 players entirely modeled in highly detailed 3D graphics.
- From Paris to New York or Stockholm, play in 7 stadiums on 3 different surfaces – clay, grass and synthetic – each providing a different experience.
- Local Wi-Fi Multiplayer to challenge your friends in real time!
- Controls making the most of the iPhone/iPod touch features
- Serve by tilting your iPhone!
- A wide array of strokes for a deeper experience: Lob, drop shot,
smash and more.
- A Career mode that lets you join a tennis tour just like a real professional player
Real Tennis offers tennis fans great level of depth by combining use of accelerometer, joypad and some gesture controls. You can move your player by using the virtual D-Pad. It took me 2-3 games to properly master the controls and beat computer.
The game offers you play tennis in different locations; choose different players each having their own strengths (and weeknesses).
- To change the position of where the ball should land when you serve, tilt the device to move the crosshair
- Tilt the device upwards to throw the ball in the air
- Hit the ball using the stroke button
- To make a deep stroke, hold the stroke button and up button of D-Pad
- To make a drop shot, hold the stroke button and down button of D-Pad
- Swiping up on the stroke button lobs the ball
- Swiping left or right on the stroke buttons slices the ball
Here is the video of the game in action:
The game cost $4.99 and is available at iTunes App Store
[iTunes URL] [Real Tennis Official webpage]
July 24, 2009
| featured, iPhone